Submitting bugs and suggestions¶
The dbcollection project tracks issues and feature requests using the GitHub issue tracker.
Before submitting an issue¶
If you find your issue already exists, make relevant comments. If you cannot find an existing issue that describes your bug or feature, submit an issue using the guidelines below.
Writing good bug reports and feature requests¶
A bug is a demonstrable problem that is caused by the code in the repository. Good bug reports are extremely helpful.
File a single issue per problem and feature request:
- Do not enumerate multiple bugs or feature requests in the same issue.
- Do not add your issue as a comment to an existing issue unless it’s for the identical input. Many issues may look similar, but have different causes.
A good bug report should be easily reproducible. The more information you can provide, the more likely someone will be successful reproducing the issue and finding a fix.
When submitting a report, please try to be as detailed as possible. Please consider including the following with each issue:
- What is your environment?
- What steps will reproduce the issue?
- What OS do you experience the problem?
- What would you expect to be the outcome?
- A code snippet that demonstrates the issue or a link to a code repository we can easily pull down onto our machine to recreate the issue.
All these details will help alot when attempting to fix any potential bugs.